Ohhhhhh......... I cant Sleep since I saw u.. I wish u must be my dearest one.. I want to live with you.. I ll b spending all my time with you... I love you..
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Well, I’m back at home now and I’m on holidays so I’m too free and decided to look out for old computers to try out linux and I found a Pentium III 800 MHZ 256MB Ram with 10GB hard disk (IDE).
I tried out Vector Linux (STD) on it. For those who don’t have a clue about vector linux, you can visit www.vectorlinux.com, it is based on Slackware, installation is in text mode and it is not that easy for a beginner (let me remind you to read the manual 1st before you try installing), XFCE interface, uses XMMS to play music, MPlayer and Xine to play videos and I must say they changed the skins and made it as default which is pretty impressive as they definately look better than downloading it yoursef with very ugly skin as default for MPlayer. I’ve never liked MPlayer because of the looks. I don’t need a very good looking player but at least lookable.
As for internet browsers, it comes with Firefox, Opera and Seamonkey. Well I sticked with Opera as it was the fastest loadin, Pidgin to connect to MSN, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, GoogleTalk and so on. They did a good job in creating VASM (Vector Linux’s Administration and System Menu) - a graphical tool which helps configure systems and network adminitrations. K3B, Xfburn is the burning tools, ripperX and X264 is the audio and video ripper. It comes with Adobe Reader 8, Abiword(replacement for MS Word), Gnumeric Spreadsheet, Scribus and a calculator.
It comes with one of my favourite games as well, Mega Mario. It was quite good. It was running fast, graphical boot (I didn’t get that with Ubuntu), it had the basic need mostly I would say. You could even make the panels and windows transparent(like Vista effect) and it didn’t become slow. I rather install this than have any Windows installed in it. Thanks to people that created it. There are few versions on Vector Linux, but I used the standard edition as it was the fastest available for my computer because I like speed. I could have installed the KDE version but I’m not a fan of KDE so i decided to install the XFCE instead. Thank you. Next I’ll try Xubuntu. Till then.
In order to update or upgrade your system , you must know the full Details of your system. In order to know the full details of the system including your uptime, do the following (Professional Edition only).
1. Click on the “Start” Menu.
2. In the Start menu, Click on the “All Programs“.
3. Go to the “Command Prompt” in the “Accessories” menu.
4. Type “systeminfo” in the Command prompt.
5. Now the computer will produce a lot of information including the uptime.
Company in Brazil (Suite Vollard) constructed a building in which each floor can rotate 360 degrees. Each building has 11 apartments and each apartment can spin individually in any direction. One rotation takes a full hour, but apartment owner can set rotation speed through apartment control panel. Facades are made of three different types of glass which give wonderful effects when building spins during the sunset. Cost of each apartment is $US 300,000.00.
In order to make an invisible folder in Windows Xp and to store or Hide the personal files in it, follow the below tips,
1. First You have to select the folder , which you want to make invisible.
2. Right Click on the Folder and Select “Rename“.
3. Remove the Current Name of the folder and press “Alt+0160” combination to generate a folder which is invisible.
4. Now Right Click on the Nameless Folder and Select “Properties“.
5. Go to the “Customize” Tab and click on “Change Icon“.
6. In the Icon list, Select the invisible icons.
If you dont like the name of “Recycle Bin” , you can change it to anything you like by using the registry as follows. To do this,
1. Click on the “Start” menu.
2. Select the “Run” command.
3. Type in “Regedit” and press “Enter“.
4. In the registry editor, go to the following key.
6. Now double click the “default” key and change the name to anything you want.
The “Send to” folder in the Windows Vista is very helpful to send the files to other locations but not for all.for those who are not using the “send to” folder menu, you can disable it by the following way. To do this,
1. Open “regedit.exe” through the start menu search box.
2. Navigate to the following key.
3. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To.
4. Find the (Default) value on the right.
5. Double-click on it
6. Remove the text from the value by leaving it blank.
7. You can see the change immediately.
In order to Restore the Send To Menu,
1. Do the above steps from “step 1 to step 5“.
2. Write the below numbers in the box.
4. Press “ok“to save it.
Hurray!! Chrome, Google’s new sophisticated browser released…. Its really gr8 to work with chrome… Its too simple and powerful.. The renderer is improved in this browser.. The Speed is increased by making Java Scripts run faster when loading the web pages…
- Separate tags which wont communicate with others..
- Even if the website stuck out, then we are not going to lose all other tags..
- Its fast, Secure, Simple..
- Create shortcuts for your web applications
- Browse the Web without saving information : incognito mode
- Isolate misbehaving tabs